Thursday, January 10, 2013

Food Trip in search for best Taco in the Philippines

Affordable Tacos from Mugs & Pop



I tried some of the taco sold in small booth and in fastfood store. Let me share to you my own evaluation.


These taco are from a small booth from Starmall Alabang. Located at 2nd Flr Right side of the mall, near at National BookStore. The Store name is Mugs & Pop.

First thing that I love is the price because it is so affordable. For only Php 25.oo for crispy shell tacos, I dare to order one since it will not a waste of money if I regret about the taste. However, I found it very delicious and I realized that my money was placed to a very good food. 

So 2nd, which is the main factor to consider is  the taste. As I mentioned above, I spent my money to a good investment because I earned satisfaction. You will love the crispiness of the taco shell which is so thin, it's like a sheet of paper. It's the thinnest of all the taco shell I bought. For me, no special flavorings was added on the shell which is good because the salty taste of the meat, the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and hot sauce really compliment each other. The hot sauce is mild but still you have the option to  not to add it.


















The actual of color of the crispy taco is yellow.

     





I went back to try other tacos and buritos after some few days past. It is good that the girl offered  another version of tacos. Instead of crispy shell, she offer a soft shell tacos. It is like a pita bread because of the white color and texture but thinner than pita bread. It is like a burito rather than a taco if I will describe it. Also, still affordable for Php30.oo, However,  I still prefer the hard crispy taco above because the salty taste of the beef is missing when I have soft shell although it has the same filling. I also like the chili sauce added because i is not the overpowering. There is no need to rush to the drinking fountain to quench burning feeling in your mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive or Negative. Your Comments/Feedbacks is Important.